YouTube Video Leads To Hollywood contract

This is a news article I found in the BBC website. Lucky guy huh. He struck gold with this one. Good luck to the new movie.

A producer from Uruguay who uploaded a short film to YouTube in November 2009 has been offered a $30m (£18.6m) contract to make a Hollywood film.

The movie will be sponsored by director Sam Raimi, whose credits include the Spiderman and Evil Dead films.
Fede Alvarez’s short film “Ataque de Panico!” (Panic Attack!) featured giant robots invading and destroying Montevideo, the capital of Uruguay.

It is 4 mins 48 seconds long and was made on a budget of $300 (£186).

So far it has had more than 1.5 million views on YouTube.

“I uploaded (Panic Attack!) on a Thursday and on Monday my inbox was totally full of e-mails from Hollywood studios,” he told the BBC’s Latin American service BBC Mundo.

“It was amazing, we were all shocked.”

The movie Mr Alvarez has been asked to produce is a sci-fi film to be shot in Uruguay and Argentina. He says he intends to start from scratch and develop a new story for the project.

“If some director from some country can achieve this just uploading a video to YouTube, it obviously means that anyone could do it,” he added.

YouTube recently revealed the most watched videos of 2009. Britain’s Got Talent star Susan Boyle topped the chart with more than 120 million views worldwide of her debut on the show.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

4 comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *