Man! This has really gotten me pissed! When Jellybean came out with the announcement that it will support higher resolution images (720×720) compared to what Ice Cream Sandwich did (2562×256), I was really excited.
But even when I sync my Android smartphone with Google Contacts, the contact photos still revert back to 96×96 versions.
I wondered why it took them very long to do something about this and I found out that it had been a few years back when this issue was raised. More than 3 years have passed and the GMail team still had not done anything.
So maybe they are doing something about it … but … 3 years have passed and not even a 256×256 support has not been incorporated.
This is actually the only feature I am looking forward if I were to upgrade my Android OS to Jellybean. I just want to see my contacts’ photos in high resolution.
– In the emulator, go to Contacts, hit the menu button and choose “import from sdcard”. It should then load all contacts from vcf file.
An important thing to note is that when you execute the command to push the vcf file to the emulator and you encounter an error, chances are you did not specify any memory value of the SD card in your emulator settings.
Edit the AVD settings and place a value for the SD Card, say 512MB. That should fix the problem.
If you encounter permission problems, try to set the system to R/W by typing the command
I usually wake up in the middle of the wee hours of the morning to pee. I also check my emails to see if I have anything regarding my sideline. Imagine the surprise when I saw the total number of new email count at 36. Before, that would have been no surprise because of the flood of Twitter add requests but since that had died down lately, the 36 surprised me so I immediately checked my GMail account to see what emails were there.
That was when I found out there were many bounced back emails. Turned out my GMail account was hacked with some email being sent out to all my contacts containing virgorg. Whew! I had to change my password right away. My previous password was not every strong but this time around, I made sure it stays that way. I did the same thing with my Yahoo! account.
If your GMail account was compromised, here are some things that you need to do and make sure are set within our account’s settings:
Settings -> Accounts and Import -> Google Account Settings -> Change Password [pick a new secure password]
Settings -> Accounts and Import -> Google Account Settings -> Change Password Recovery Options [verify secret question, SMS and recovery e-mail address]
Settings -> Accounts and Import -> Google Account Settings -> Email Address Edit [verify your name and other settings]
Settings -> Accounts and Import -> Google Account Settings -> Change authorized websites [Revoke Access to any sites listed]
Settings -> General -> Signature [make sure nothing as been added]
Settings -> General -> Vacation Responder [make sure it’s disabled and empty]
Settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP -> POP Download [disabled]
Settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP -> IMAP Access [disabled]
Settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP -> Forwarding [disabled or correct address]
Settings -> Filters [no filters that forward or delete e-mail]
Settings -> Accounts and Import -> Send Mail As [make sure it is using your correct e-mail address, delete any unrecognized entries]