If you get this error message whenever you visit the Windows Update website: “Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number 0x8DDD0003) yourself”, then try the following steps below. This worked for me after so much searching in Google.
I am not sure what caused this problem. Perhaps malware, virus, spyware, whatever. Or, maybe not. Maybe someone messed up the permission settings by doing who knows what. This solution, did the trick.
- Start button
- select RUN
- type “gpedit.msc” which is the Group Policy Object Editor
- Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Internet Communication Management > Internet Communication settings
- on the right hand side look for a option that says “Turn off access to all Windows Update Features”
- right click that item and click Properties
- and click on the “Disabled” checkbox.
- Click “apply” and then “ok”