Traditionally, chat clients on the Mac have been anything but glamorous. I used to use IRCLe as my chat IRC client but I have gone tired with its constant crashing whenever my DSL disconnects. Plus, the user interface is kind of clattered that it is not soothing to the eye.
Colloquy is an advanced IRC, SILC & ICB client which in my opinion is better than IRCLe. By adhering to Mac OS X interface conventions, Colloquy has the look and feel of a quality Mac application. Here are some of the neat features that comes along with the software.
- AppleScript – A powerful dictionary for easy scripting.
- IRC, SILC & ICB Compatibility – The result of years of chat experience.
- Plug-In Love – Unlimited extensability through Plug-Ins.
- Styled For You – Pick the look for your conversations.
- Colors of the World – Fully compatible with mIRC colors.
- Open Minded – Open source, like it should be.
- Unintrusive Interface – Sleek multi- or single-window modes.
- File Transfer Medly – Full DCC transfer support with resume.
- They’re Your Buddies – A buddy list for your IRC friends.
- Express Yourself – Use the emotions that speak for you.
- Multiplicity – The freedom to chat on multiple servers.
- Much, Much More! – Just a better experience all-around.
Oh yeah, it’s FREE!